Author Topic: sun visor is it required?? for driving an s2  (Read 313 times)

Offline mike alain

• 5 years to build (with help)
sun visor is it required?? for driving an s2
« on: Thursday,January 06, 2022, 07:21:57 AM »
Folks,    I will install them on my rebuild(for inspection),  but are they really needed in the real world  when sitting in an eruopa?? would you recommend that I pull them
out after inspection??  the real reason I am asking is I changed my headliner with different material, I guess  (if I keep them)  I will have to recover them also. Thanks.

Online BDA

Re: sun visor is it required?? for driving an s2
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,January 06, 2022, 07:43:53 AM »
I didn’t install my visors when I built my car because I sit high enough that I am looking out of the upper 6” of the windshield. Using a visor at all would block most of my view. I am planning on having the upper area of the windshield tinted for times when the sun is low.

Luckily for me, visors are not part of an inspection and even if they were, my car has been grandfathered so I don’t have to get it inspected at all. If I had to have visors, I would just install them for the inspection.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Thursday,January 06, 2022, 08:15:52 AM »
I expect the S2 isn't that much different from the TC, and for me it depends on the time of year. If the sun is high (summertime) then they're not needed but about now, when the sun is low no matter what time of day, they are useful. Also when driving on wet roads into the sun, they do help in reducing the glare just like on any car.

I ran my car without them just after doing the headlining but since then I covered them in the same material and re-fitted.

Brian

Offline S2Zetec54

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,January 06, 2022, 10:37:56 AM »
I have a top tint but no visors

I wear a flat cap when driving which is my mobile visor in all situations.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #4 on: Thursday,January 06, 2022, 10:49:32 AM »
The S1s came with just a single visor on the driver’s side.  I bought a set from an S2 to get the pair.  My car is a driver and it gets driven in all kinds of weather, night and day.  I like having the visors and use them.  YMMV.

Offline Kendo

« Reply #5 on: Friday,January 07, 2022, 11:22:56 AM »
Even though I’m 6’3”, I find the visors useful in low sun and even night driving with other car lights at my eye level.