Author Topic: Twin cam original wheels  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Certified Lotus

Re: Twin cam original wheels
« Reply #30 on: Thursday,February 20, 2020, 05:39:43 PM »
Oh boy. Everybody chill.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #31 on: Thursday,February 20, 2020, 07:51:30 PM »
My apologies.  No criticism of Pfreen's plan to source 15" wheels.  They would be very useful for many of our fellow listers.

Offline Rosco5000

« Reply #32 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 10:32:41 AM »
I want to say this has been an interesting thread and I like the enthusiasm for up sized original rims as I usually love that look, I have that on my Chrysler 300C after all. 

I think what JB is getting at is the forum etiquette, which is if your conversation doesn't directly relate to the original posters topic, i.e. a group buy/demand pole for OE replicas in 13" we probably should have started a new thread.  This helps the original poster not think they have been hijacked and not heard also it allows for better archiving, the thread title then clearly describes the ensuing discussion.  In the case of technical information it doesn't get buried deep in an obscure thread.  I don't think anyone was pointing fingers it is easy to go sideways especially as our group grows and I have been culprit at times as well.  It really was just a statement that we have allowed things to get far from the OPs topic.   

Cheers,
Ross
1974 Europa Special
1969 Europa S2
1970 Lotus Elan +2
1978 Austin Mini - 1275, big brakes
1991 Ford Explorer - Lifted on 33s, custom lift and radius arms
2005 Chrysler 300C - chipped, lowered 22s
2011 Cadillac Escalade - Stage 3 cam, Headers, CAI, 2,600 stall converter

Offline 1973JPS

« Reply #33 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 12:31:41 PM »
I thought it was quite simple ....if you would like Original 13" alloys ....respond to Europa Supplies .......Non 13" are not original so Fit what ever you like ....simples

Offline literarymadness

« Reply #34 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »
Lotus Supplies asked if there was a "call" for a batch of original  "Lotus Style" wheels. There was no mention of specs or size.  The same way mini-lites are a style...the question seemed open to interpretation and discussion within the frame of the thread. Suggestions were all made in regards to what might be an improved version of a "Lotus Style" wheel. Since "13" was not mentioned in the question as a prerequisite to the answer, I once again fail to see how the "proposal of a larger wheel" high-jacked this thread or failed to comply with forum etiquette. For what it is worth, I am a Forensic Linguistics professor by occupation and always choose my words carefully, as do I read carefully others' words as not to misinterpret "them."  There are ways of saying things and ways not to. Pfreen quit the forum because he felt insulted. JBcollier apologized and I respect JB for that. I hope pfreen one day returns to the forum. He is a retired automotive engineer from BMW who owns several of their patents and contributed a wealth of information to this forum. For the record, I don't need an education in what is "simples."

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #35 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 01:55:18 PM »
Over the last several years on this forum I have been “redirected” a few times to start a new thread on a subject that ended up going in a different direction from the original post. I never took offense to that and mostly understood why.

This website has got to have the most respectable enthusiasts/people on it I have ever experienced. I am confident no one ever means to be critical, especially JB who is a wealth of information and sage advice.

Pfreen, I hope you see this in the light for which it is meant.

If we were all in a bar together I’d buy everybody drinks and hit the reset button.

Offline BDA

« Reply #36 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 02:34:16 PM »
Here here!

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
« Reply #37 on: Friday,February 21, 2020, 04:35:13 PM »
Marines are taught to be able to overcome any obstacle, which serves them well in the chaos of combat. This concept is encapsulated in the Marine slogan “Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome”, which is a mindset that allows Marines to deal with any physical, mental, or spiritual hardship.

Like Cert and BDA said...Semper Fi!

Now, if any of you are looking for a set of original TC alloys in need of refinishing I'll sell them cheap to get this thread back on track. And don't give me any **** for not posting this in the classifieds.
« Last Edit: Friday,February 21, 2020, 04:43:56 PM by Lou Drozdowski »

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #38 on: Monday,February 24, 2020, 08:38:28 AM »
Yumpin' Yiminey! How did this go sideways all of a sudden? This is the first hint of discord I've seen in my 2.5 years on this forum! I read no disrespect in JB's post suggesting a new thread. Come back Paul (pfreen)! We need you!
Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery