Lotus Europa Forums > FS / WTB: Cars and Rollers

Looking for an AC car ... or a retrofit

<< < (2/2)

Clifton:

--- Quote from: vh2q on Thursday,March 16, 2023, 08:10:44 AM ---Thanks all. I don't have one yet ... still looking. Pref a TC. I have a flare tool .. run copper inside some sort of rubber for insulation?

--- End quote ---

Vintage air makes many lengths or bendable aluminum tubing with O ring ends. Much nicer and lighter than copper.

Chuck Nukem:
I have a friend who lives in Irving that has a dealer installed AC on his car. We are looking at copying parts from that install. Sports car world also has two examples of Europas with dealer AC. What part of Texas are you in?

Clifton:

--- Quote from: Chuck Nukem on Sunday,April 23, 2023, 06:56:22 AM ---I have a friend who lives in Irving that has a dealer installed AC on his car. We are looking at copying parts from that install. Sports car world also has two examples of Europas with dealer AC. What part of Texas are you in?

--- End quote ---

How cold does your friends car get inside?  If it was dealer installed it was R12. R134 in an R12 system usually barely cuts it. I converted a dealer installed 240Z and used a newer parallel flow condenser. Over 105* was too much to keep the cabin cool.

I just re did two of my aluminum hard lines I had run inside the frame. After 3 years one leaked at the sleeved weld. Ran the new ones under the frame this time and they are high enough to be safe. #8 and #10 lines.

jbcollier:
I made my own lines using SS tubing and silver soldered fittings.  Hose shops can make up the flex lines required at either end.

vh2q:
Sorry guys, I have not been checking the forum as I got sidetracked by a Karmann Ghia (for my wife). May come back to AC Europa at some time in the future but have my hands full right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version