Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Padding between chassis and body

<< < (4/4)

berni29:

--- Quote from: gideon on Tuesday,April 16, 2024, 07:44:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: berni29 on Tuesday,April 16, 2024, 11:38:32 AM ---There were quite a few potential negatives to using a modern alternative.

--- End quote ---

What potential negatives do you see?

--- End quote ---

Hi

I was trawling the net for peoples experiences. Most of the negatives revolved around "NVH" from using neoprene or similar. I then looked up the chemical properties and expected lifespan of some of the different materials that people use (neoprene, other closed cell rubbers/foams, yoga mats for instance) and just came away feeling that the original felt was in fact the best compromise.

As they say YMMV!

All the best

Berni

Fotog:
I checked the neoprene wetsuit again, attempting to double it up to get a proper half inch thickness. I measured about 4 on the Shore scale.

About cats:  I checked mine. He measures a zero, but he's pretty fuzzy.

FWIW!

BDA:

--- Quote from: buroz on Wednesday,April 17, 2024, 10:28:00 AM ---Hello BDA,
I have a roll of rubber matting left over from when we put it down in the back of our [carpeted] VW Transported, as we do a lot of mountain biking. I had considered using this, but I think neoprene would be better. Compress up and stop and vibration.
I take it you have it in a running car and it's doing the trick/working well?

--- End quote ---
Yep for over 20 years (unfortunately not as many miles as 20 years should imply  :( ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version