Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Europa TCS Tail Lamps

(1/3) > >>

Kendo:
I'm confused. My 1974 Federal TCS has tail lamps with the orange top half, like picture #1 (if they stay in order). But RD Enterprises calls these European style tail lamps. Pic #2 is what they call Federal lamps. Looking at the schematic for my year of car, I see Reverse (expected for the white section), "Indicator and Brake", then "Rear Lamp". That would drive the three bulbs I have in the fixture.

Now I know Lotus doesn't hold consistency as a deep corporate value. Do you know what the story is on this, what they "should" be, or any clues on what's going on?

Kendo:
Berni29, new Federal car, introduced in https://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=6493.msg69872#msg69872 shows the solid red lenses. But googling Federal TCS gives examples of both lens types.

BDA:
Federal TCs came with red/white tail lights. The European TCs, I believe, all came with red/white/amber tail lights.

jbcollier:
Federal spec were archaic and specified that the brake and tail lights work off the same bulb.  Thus the lens being red.  Euro spec had separate tail light (red) and turn (amber) bulbs.

Kendo:
I wonder if in 1974 the feds were starting to update the requirements, since my car has the amber lights. I noticed my 2001 truck has amber lights, too, as well as the red brake lights

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version