Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

1970 s2 0453R Reassembly

<< < (438/440) > >>

jbcollier:
My first drive was without windshield or doors.  I quickly fitted a windshield but did some high speed runs still without doors.  Got more than a few looks.

Bainford:
Congrats D Man! Very exciting stuff.  :beerchug:

dakazman:
  I started bright and early today finding and fixing several problems I found during yesterday’s ride. I had a long paragraph on it that I lost while typing it,,so this will be shortened. I found another problem oil pressure line leaking but probably fixed the gearbox, tach, choke cable.
So all in all a good day until I got called in to babysit. No problem, I was waiting for the kids to play with a new stash of wheels 1lb and 5 lbs of assorted pieces.  It was epic with all the oh and aughs.
Dakazman

dakazman:
  I’m learning how to cut time off working behind the facia, or dashboard. By leaving the column bolted to the facia and just removing the 4 screws on the facia and the two side bolts thru door jambs. Also the console and bottom ground bolts 2ea. The access to the gauges is very easy.
  All this for an oil leak at the pressure gauge and since my fuel gauge wasn’t working I found the problem after probing wiring.  My sender has Three connectors, two large spade connectors and a smaller spade .  Not remembering what I used to repair the unit when I received it new I just connected it to the larger spade. I swapped to the smaller spade on the sender and up came the needle on the gauge.
 Then I started the car and had RPM, oil and a working fuel gauge.
  Tomorrow I’m going to remove the LED instrument lights and go back to the original ones. A lot of work but well worth it.
DMAN

dakazman:
  A welcome break from working under the facia getting the instrument lighting correct. With my head buried under the steering wheel my wife announces that my son in law is coming over….
No reason but will be there soon .
  I knew something was up and guessed correctly.

My son in law’s grandfather came over with his new toy, waiting forever for it he received a foundation issue Tesla x pickup.
 It is an amazing vehicle..  I did get to drive it also and now I’ll try to get my wife on board.
He also got a chance to sit in my Lotus, at complete ends of some spectrum he loved the feel the Europa gave him. Barely up to the Tesla’s  tire height.
  It won me over. Buy it!
Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version