Author Topic: UK - TC Europa on Ebay  (Read 904 times)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand

Offline BDA

Re: UK - TC Europa on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,October 05, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »
I always thought the cut away sails were introduced in the TC in 1972 but this one seems to have the TC body but a Renault motor - it seems unlikely that someone would swap the TC for a Renault motor.

In any event, from the few pictures the seller provided, it looks like a nice car!

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Sunday,October 05, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
I couldn't work out the engine & exhaust, other than it's not the same as mine ! 

The registration letter (K) puts it the same as mine, 71-72, when the TC came out here and the bodywork looks TC style because apart from the rear deck cut-aways the rear lid and small front spoiler look correct.  All are possible updates on an S2 of course but a lot of work just to make the car look something it's not. 

The engine fools me.  I've no guesses other than it's quite expensive over here to rebuild a TC properly, especially if the head is damaged. So one alternative might be to replace with something cheaper ?  The description & pictures don't do it credit but at £8k (or less with haggling) for something that looks like it might move under it's own steam, that's probably cheap for the UK.

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Monday,October 06, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »
I don't keep up with the S2 crowd much but I'm guessing it's a Gordini head on the Renault engine.