Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

1969 S2 Europa Hill climb car - 700whp Turbo Honda K24 swap

<< < (11/11)

Taimoshan:
Managed to do a little more glassing on the first rear arch.

There was a lot of grinding and trimming to get to universal wide arches to take the shape of the Europa.  Its ok, but the second one will be much better, as I can take the measurements from the first one.

Anyway I got the width and the taper I was after, now its a bunch of glassing and filling to get the final shape.

Also the fibreglass front brake ducts arrived today, I'll post some pics in the next few days, now got to work out the exact location and fit them with out interfering with the rad cooling ducting

TurboFource:
Love your build!

You need to resize your pics as they are too large to see the whole pic at once....

Taimoshan:
(firstly Thanks to TurboFource for the advice on resizing the images. :-) )

Had a few hours on the arches again today. Made the width extension for the LH Arch and also did a few tweaks to the RHS, I think I am honing in on the shape I am after.

I also did a bunch of patch filling of the cracks in the old glass.  Still need to grind/sand the new glass flat, but its get more stable.

Also if you notice I trimmed the lower rear joining lip that used to hang down in the air stream, so I am starting to clean up the airflow for the underside.

TurboFource:
 ;)

Taimoshan:
After a couple of weeks away for work, I got some time in the garage today to do some more work in the rear wheel arches etc.

I trimmed the LH Arch and then did some filling and also started rebuild the license plate section that had been modified to take a square plate vs the UK rear long single row plate.

Lots of filling and sanding today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version