Author Topic: For those who have actually put real mileage on your cars...  (Read 2162 times)

Offline dakazman

Re: For those who have actually put real mileage on your cars...
« Reply #75 on: Friday,July 22, 2022, 03:22:36 PM »
I just chatted with a guy at the locateballbearings outfit. They have them in stock for $38 ea. Here is the technical information:

SPECIFICATIONS
Bore Type Round Bore Diameter 30 mm
Outside Diameter 55 mm
Overall Width 19 mm
Closure Type Double Sealed Row Type & Fill Slot 1
Internal Clearance CN
Operating Temperature Range -40 to +210 °F
Cage Type Sheet metal
Dynamic Load Capacity 2990 lbf
Static Load Capacity 1866 lbf
Precision Rating ABEC 1
Seal Type Contacting seal
Finish/Coating Uncoated
Bearing Material Bearing steel
Cage Material Bearing steel Inner
Ring Width 19 mm
Outer Ring Width 19 mm
Fillet Radius 1 mm
Maximum RPM 8000 RPM
Series 630
Weight 0.39 lbs

I’d have to check but I think the load ratings for that bearing is lower than the SKF single row bearing of that size.

I must agree .
Products from China are garbage. right now i am pushing my car around my homes shop floor and not have put significant mileage on my car ,but would like to have the maximum bang for my buck. Who wouldn't?  Trust in what members have stated will work over time.
Dakazman

Offline BDA

Re: For those who have actually put real mileage on your cars...
« Reply #76 on: Friday,July 22, 2022, 04:39:10 PM »
Maybe the misalignment I had was due to the wear on the soft splines… but I would guess that substantial support, say half the width of the bearing, would be enough to support the bearing. I don’t know. I’m certainly not being argumentative. You could be right.

What is not in dispute is that the stub axles are a major weakness. I am really intrigued by Andy and Joe’s VW drive shaft swap (http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=4782.0). It requires a twin link rear and inner CV joint flanges to be adapted to mount the VW CV joints (both of which I have), but neither $1000 nor time to fiddle with it are in my time and money budgets at the moment. Maybe I can slowly collect parts!   ;). For now, I’ll just put it back together “vanilla” and hope for the best.