Author Topic: Help with wiring as im going crazzy  (Read 603 times)

Offline Luciano1985

Re: Help with wiring as im going crazzy
« Reply #15 on: Friday,August 07, 2020, 04:02:23 PM »
Yes that pretty much matches my rear side but not the fro t
The diagram shows no front indicators and the side lights are in the headlights!

Online BDA

« Reply #16 on: Friday,August 07, 2020, 04:47:44 PM »
You got me there, Luciano, and I'm really not up on S2s, but I would just remind you that the wire colors for the indicators in the front are the same as for the rear so the wire colors in the harness may give you some clues.

I'm baffled by the "SIDE" label in the headlights on the wiring diagram too. It was my understanding that it's indicators that are sometimes in the headlights but there are separate indicators on the diagram.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #17 on: Friday,August 07, 2020, 04:56:52 PM »
That's all correct.  One of the pair comes from the source, the other takes the power to the left side.  Use a double bullet connect (space for 4) to join the two same colour and the one to the light unit.

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #18 on: Friday,August 07, 2020, 11:32:53 PM »
Yes that pretty much matches my rear side but not the fro t
The diagram shows no front indicators and the side lights are in the headlights!

It sounds like the same setup as the TC. It may be terminology. Side lights in UK are the lights that come on for first press position on the light switch (the small bulb in the headlights and the 5W filament of the 21/5W bulb in the rear lights). The second position on the switch turns on the headlights (the large bulb in the headlight), which filament being determined by the position of the hi/lo beam stalk on the steering column.

I noticed in your video that the indicators only seemed to flash when you had the light switch in the first or second position. Is that correct? If I am correct this is also wrong.