Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

The start of a long journey

<< < (6/7) > >>

Europaforever:
Nice work Nigel-

I'm back into it now with a new project Europa!

Regards Mark

nigelc:
Thats great news Mark.. what have you got ? , and how much work does it need ?

Europaforever:
I bought an S2 project! So I guess I'll be needing most of those spares I sold you back ;D

Nick74R:
Hi Nigel,

Great project and it's something I've done a couple of times most recently with a twincam using Banks supplied chassis. See Nick74R pics! Rollcentre is the firm whom I bought all the cage components from - an efficient and friendly firm in St. Ives Cambridgeshire, they sell all the bent bars necessary for you to build a cage to whatever stage you need - you then cut the bars and weld accordingly as each bodyshell is different. I also opted for the side bars which run down the inside of the sills and attach to the backbone chassis fore and aft.
I'm only up the road from you in Suffolk so if you want to get in touch please do.
Some pics attached...

Nick.

skippopotamus:
Nigel, I hope you don't mind if I ask Nick a question in your thread.  Apologies if you do and I'll remove it.

Nick, I'm doing some fiberglass work on my car and I am struggling with getting a contour right.  May I ask how you got the contour where the arrows are in the attached pic?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version