Author Topic: Autocrossing my 73TCS back in the day  (Read 589 times)

Offline 2766R

Autocrossing my 73TCS back in the day
« on: Thursday,October 08, 2020, 09:02:29 AM »
I finally got around to editing a DVD copy of an original VHS recording  of my Europa Autocrossing.  The quality is not great but something is better than nothing.  Hope you enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BR3h_1YPjco

Offline Clifton

Re: Autocrossing my 73TCS back in the day
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,October 08, 2020, 09:30:48 AM »
Pretty cool. They gave you guys a decent straight. Not so lucky here. Are you going to autocross again?

Offline E Paul

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,October 08, 2020, 11:26:20 AM »
Boy, that thing sounds great!
Your car looks vaguely familiar. Do you remember going to any events where a stock black TCS or a severely hopped up beige VW bug showed up...it would sometimes wheelstand slightly leaving the gate if I left too aggressively.  I was in NJ/NY area at the time.
More recently and in MA/NH, I have autocrossed my Locost 7. I used to be pretty good at this. I suck now  :(
Paul

Offline 2766R

« Reply #3 on: Friday,October 09, 2020, 02:25:41 PM »
Clifton: I’m the reason for lengthy straight; I chaired the event.  I hated Mickey Mouse courses where you run around in 2nd gear.  Much easier to overshoot!  I think my Autocross days are behind me but one never knows...

E Paul:  it still sounds pretty much the same although with a muffler.  I used to sub in a straight pipe for Autocrossing, slicks too.  I believe my Europa was classed  A/Prepared.
I do remember a black Europa that, I believe, was recently repainted at the time and noted the side windows could be retracted almost all the way down.  Was that you?

Gerry

Offline Clifton

« Reply #4 on: Friday,October 09, 2020, 06:26:27 PM »
Clifton: I’m the reason for lengthy straight; I chaired the event.  I hated Mickey Mouse courses where you run around in 2nd gear.  Much easier to overshoot!  I think my Autocross days are behind me but one never knows...
Gerry

I thought my days were past 10 years ago and I started back at it. You should go again just for fun, no slicks this time :)

Offline E Paul

« Reply #5 on: Saturday,October 10, 2020, 11:40:48 AM »
Nope, not me. At the time my Europa was still newish condition. Paint was still good. It has since been repainted as have most of them.