Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Radius arm help

(1/2) > >>

vito84:
Good morning guys,

i've bought in the past a RH radius arm from a uk supplier in order to replace the rusty one on my Europa TC. I measured the distance between the center line from the pivot pin from the center line of the wheel axis. I noticed that one radius arm is longer 1cm more the other one. Do you know if the gearbox output shaft axis is algned with the rear wheel centre axis?Someone of you know the right measures for the Europa TC radius arm?

Thank you

Edo

4129R:
Do you call the radius arm the tubular strut with rubber bushes which goes between the gearbox and the hub carrier which is parallel to and directly below the drive shaft?

vito84:
This is the radius arm:

Roger:
No idea why radius arms are different lengths. Maybe they are not both TC? Is one free-market and the other original?
No, the gearbox output shaft is not in a direct line with the rear wheel centre.

rjbaren:
You could try getting another new arm for the other side and then they might at least be the same length.  I also noticed, you are the guy who makes the chassis Tee section.  Maybe you should make these trailing arms as well.  I also believe RD Enterprises sells them for about $350.00 each.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version