Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Hmmmmm.

(1/3) > >>

Nisswa Collision:
Hmmmm. I can't look at this without a certain thought invading my brain. The Rocket 3's are now selling dirt cheap. Many with very low mileage. I expect a crashed one even cheaper. 2294cc. 142 hp@5750rpm. 147.5 ft,lbs of torque. 3 cyl. 5 speed shaft drive. The bike weighs over 700 lbs so I expect the trans gears are plenty strong.  Problem? No reverse. That would need to be fixed.

Nisswa Collision:
the photo was upright when I posted it.

BDA:
I have the feeling that a motorcycle engine swap was discussed (here or elsewhere) or performed before but I don't remember much about it. There have been some interesting engine swaps (Zetecs are popular but Clifton has a more radical swap). A motorcycle motor sounds very interesting. I don't know much about motorcycle engines but I would only worry that there isn't enough torque at the low end, but then I might be displaying my ignorance.

Let us know what you do!  :welder:

Nisswa Collision:
147.5 ft/lbs @ 2500 rpm. Torque, no issue. Reverse is. I won't be doing it. My original TC for 74-2603R  is supposed to be done on Friday. It got bigger. I've done all I can on my car til I get that back. I see the guy making a Hybusa kit but that looks like a heavy, expensive mess with all the chains and framework.

BDA:
Keep us up to date with your TC then!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version