Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

1970 s2 0453R Reassembly

<< < (435/438) > >>

BDA:
Things are looking good!  :beerchug:

I believe bogging is generally a sign of a rich mixture. Try turning in the idle mixture screws a quarter of a turn each until it goes away.

jbcollier:
The most common place for an oil leak on this engine is the valve cover.  The oil makes its way down and can easily look ill it is leaking from somewhere else.  Carefully feel around the cover with a dry finger.  If it becomes oily, you've found your problem.

dakazman:
  I found it. 
     Being interrupted strikes again. When selecting a location for the oil pressure gauge line adapter I removed the most forward oil gallery plug as it was the closest to the firewall, but the adapter was the wrong thread pattern. I put the plug back in but with a large 17mm wrench . I must have hit the block stopping the wrench and didn’t look at the copper washer still loose. 🥱
  Now to adjust the clutch cable, hopefully I didn’t pull the swedged ball off under the gas pedal.
Dakazman

dakazman:
  Today was an interesting one, I fixed the oil leak but before running again I tried to install the 7mm roll pins in the haft shafts.  I quit.😡 put in a machine bolt with an elastic stop nut.
  Then I came up with measuring thd cam pulley thickness and adjusting the nuts in or out to get the belt to sit with the correct amount of deflection. After running for a bit I found another leak , this time on the upper hose to the radiator, tightened same no further issues.
  Then I sat in the car to adjust mirrors ,   🥱😂😂😂I locked myself in, but good thing the window came down and I opened from the outside. Child lock in either position I still can’t open from the inside.
  I did get to put the timing light on an it was at 2 degrees btdc , set to 6 .  Before setting it still wouldn’t start unless hit with some starting fluid.
 Clutch pedal fixed for now, but did not confirm the fix .  It was in my pedal assembly clutch bracket. I can now drive and fix the pedal later.
 Throttle still sticking somewhere. Tomorrow…
Dakazman

Richard48Y:
Yes, the roll-pins are a pain.
I am going to fire up the lathe and make a tool.
Just a punch with a guide pin for the outer with a shoulder to drive it in.
The inner should be easier, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version