Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Restoration of 2358R

<< < (2/272) > >>

Certified Lotus:
This car has very low miles, so I am hoping the trans is in good shape and the engine has already gone thru a rebuild (due to long term storage) and starts right up and doesn't smoke. Carbs have also been rebuilt. Interesting thing about this car that demonstrates it wasn't on the road very long is all the little metal tags on the carbs and trans are still on the components.

Certified Lotus:

--- Quote from: Certified Lotus on Thursday,September 22, 2016, 04:53:22 PM ---This car has very low miles, so I am hoping the trans is in good shape and the engine has already gone thru a rebuild (due to long term storage) and starts right up and doesn't smoke. Carbs have also been rebuilt. Interesting thing about this car that demonstrates it wasn't on the road very long is all the little metal tags on the carbs and trans are still on the components.

--- End quote ---

ProSource Glass In MA.  I was promised it was not a Chinese knock off.

BDA:
What a nice shop! I'm really envious!

It looks like you have a good starting point. Keep us informed of your progress and don't be afraid to ask questions. There are some really sharp guys here.

EuropaTC:
Great workshop there, you'd never guess you liked Lotus !   ;)

The car looks in very good shape for something that has been sitting around for a few years, the front suspension looks almost as if a quick wire brush and it'll be done.  I think you've bought well there.

Brian

Roger:
Looks familiar. I did mine, 2345R, a few years ago, in similar condition though bad interior.
Good Luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version