Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Restoration of 2358R

<< < (272/272)

RonPNW:
Thanx for the warm welcome.
My hat is off to anyone that does a detailed description of their rebuild. I started down that road with a Transit Van conversion and quickly felt more pressure to make progress and less to document. That may be because I found the need to do most things at least twice to get them where I wanted. I'll try to do better on this rebuild.
Still working on the general goals of the project. Certainly not a concours competition ready restoration. I intend to drive to the grocery store and not worry about shopping karts. I am torn between simply bringing it back to fun usable life versus upgrading to modern electrics, better brakes, the crossflow renault engine (I have one sitting in the corner) and a Banks rear suspension (my wife gave me a Banks frame as a wedding gift for my last restoration in the late 80's). Still cleaning up old projects to clear garage space. Hope to start in the fall.

Ron

Certified Lotus:
Wow. Over 85,000 views of my post. I never would have imagined. Glad it’s being used as a reference for others who are restoring their TC Europa’s.

One of my favorite Europa drives was in mid-December of last year to go Christmas shopping for my wife (my favorite drive was the road trip to/from LOG39 with my friends). Here is a a repeat of my car parked on the street during that shopping trip. Even though I no longer own this car, the memory lives on. All good!

dakazman:
  I remember that pic well Glen, she will always be here for all to see.
Merry Christmas
Dakazman
Dave

Certified Lotus:
BDA was kind enough to create an index of my restoration blog. For those that are looking for specific information on a certain aspect of the work I did, this is a great index to locate the photos and write up. Thanks BDA!

http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=4871.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version