Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Restoration of 2358R

<< < (271/272) > >>

chrisbeck:
Thanks for your quick reply. I might make a mould plug from the original. Good practice for the centre console!

dakazman:

--- Quote from: chrisbeck on Thursday,June 04, 2020, 02:01:00 AM ---"Set everything up and started on the new fiberglass instrument binnacle for the tach, speedo and function display lights (The OEM binnacle was warped from heat).  This required drilling of a number of holes to prep for install. Made a Loews run as I didn't have 6 x 1/2 stainless steel screws in stock. Need those to screw the binnacle to the back of the dash."

I'm looking at options to make a copy of the instrument binnacle in fibreglass. Can I ask, did you make yours or purchase it?
Thanks, Chris

--- End quote ---
  Hi Chris , I made a mold of the original but decided to just use it as the finished part for now.
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/LotusForum/index.php?topic=2058.975
Dakazman

RonPNW:
WOW! Fantastic write up. Just finished reading the entire posting in preparation for my restoration. It's a great way to get up to speed on my second restoration of my 1970 S2 that has been sitting for 25 years after 100,000 happy miles auto crossing and driving mountain roads in California.

Thanx
Ron

surfguitar58:

--- Quote from: RonPNW on Thursday,July 23, 2020, 11:10:26 PM ---WOW! Fantastic write up. Just finished reading the entire posting in preparation for my restoration. It's a great way to get up to speed on my second restoration of my 1970 S2 that has been sitting for 25 years after 100,000 happy miles auto crossing and driving mountain roads in California.

Thanx
Ron

--- End quote ---
:Welcome: RonPNW,
Lots of restoration blogs and good advice on tap here. Tell about your project.
Tom

Certified Lotus:

--- Quote from: RonPNW on Thursday,July 23, 2020, 11:10:26 PM ---WOW! Fantastic write up. Just finished reading the entire posting in preparation for my restoration. It's a great way to get up to speed on my second restoration of my 1970 S2 that has been sitting for 25 years after 100,000 happy miles auto crossing and driving mountain roads in California.

Thanx
Ron

--- End quote ---

Glad you enjoyed the read Ron and got a few details on how to approach your own restoration project. The reason I documented my entire project was to provide insight to others that were about to approach the same thing. Good luck on your restoration!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version