Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Restoration of 2358R

(1/272) > >>

Certified Lotus:
I moved my '72 Europa Twin Cam into my workshop today and started the evaluation of what it will take to restore it. When I bought the car several weeks ago (posted under "New Owner") I knew I would be doing a frame off restoration. The Europa had been sitting in storage for too long and that means surface rust and anything rubber has probably disintegrated.  Although I am a long time Lotus owner, I have never owned a Europa. Looking forward to the adventure of rebuilding one of these cars and getting guidance and sage advice from forum members.

Certified Lotus:
The under carriage inspection had no major surprises. A couple of bent items and everything needs to be stripped, media blasted and painted. I'll need to do a bit of reading and make sure I am doing the frame off removal correctly. Then will spend the day separating the body from the chassis. After that, its easy ;-)

Certified Lotus:
The interior is in decent shape. I have ordered a new dash (and received it from CG Autowood) and a new windscreen. I know to stock up on the parts I need because that is what slows a project down to a crawl. Made a run to RD Enterprises (Luckily I live in driving distance to Ray & George) with my long list. They had everything!

Certified Lotus:
The wheels need complete refinishing. I got a strong recommendation of a place in Indianapolis called Alloy Wheel Repair Service.  But I live in NJ. I wonder if there is someplace closer to where I live?

LotusJoe:

--- Quote from: Certified Lotus on Thursday,September 22, 2016, 04:46:19 PM ---The interior is in decent shape. I have ordered a new dash (and received it from CG Autowood) and a new windscreen. I know to stock up on the parts I need because that is what slows a project down to a crawl. Made a run to RD Enterprises (Luckily I live in driving distance to Ray & George) with my long list. They had everything!

--- End quote ---
Where did you get your windscreen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version