Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

Reverse Detent.......365 box.

(1/3) > >>

TCs Euro:
Hi All,

Does anyone make an original looking reverse detent kit..... Mine is completely missing. Or are they really not that good...?

I did read the thread about a sleeve that you lift on the gear lever which sounds great, and will probably go down that route if I can't find an original one.

Also are rear covers (fifth gear and speedo) available...... ?

Thanks for your help,

Jay

BDA:
I believe r.d. has them.

4129R:
I made one out of ally, with a spring and 1/2" ballbearing.

Not too difficult.

TCs Euro:
I don't think Rd have any. Are there any drawings/dimensions available of the detent spring/ball bearing housing and actual sprocket part that moves the ball bearing?

Bryan Boyle:

--- Quote from: BDA on Monday,September 26, 2022, 03:37:16 PM ---I believe r.d. has them.

--- End quote ---

He has the covers...but I think the OP was talking about the internal mechanism that Renault used (which exists except for the ball and spring and mounted inside the rear cover rather than outside as Lotus modified it.)

IIRC, Peter Boediker was the one that repopped them, but that was back in '15.  I like the idea, but don't have the machine shop skills to reproduce.  It does put a lot less strain on the shift linkages...and a pull-up gate to get into reverse is the same as I had in my esprit...so, it's not a stretch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version