Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

1973 Europa Special restoration help

(1/5) > >>

John R:
I'm in the process of restoring the Europa special and but i'm having a problem locating a good photo of the original inside arrangements (servo, spare wheel etc) under the bonnet/hood. Can someone help? Many thanks

Dilkris:
There are a multitude of photo's on this forum which will satisfy your requirements - just get comfortable and surf through it - you will learn so much on the way.

Not wishing to show favoritism in any way - the following may help you in appreciating what is ahead of you - as advised above, there are many other similar photographic records you can find on the forum     

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOF7peFDeR7jZ1MnMiV-2qiuefDwlLuCurNiAeMoWI5qnzmWu4Aoc3ebsGNKFGAWw?key=R3BVUElCcTVjZzVFYTVSTEczaV8tUk1UT3UtVThn

Hope it helps - get ready to be asked for photographs of your build - the forum loves photos.  :Welcome:

EuropaTC:
I can't help with the photo because I've not owned my car from new, but I can help with the suggestion that perhaps the Brooklands series of road tests on the cars might help ?  They don't scan so well but with an original you might be able to make out enough detail to get an idea.

Brian

(I've bought them all over the years, the best in terms of reproduction is probably the latest one, "Lotus Europa Gold Portfolio" which I think also includes some of the articles that appeared in earlier issues)

BDA:
The spare tire goes down in front of the front trunk on the left side. On my car, there is a threaded bobbin on the floor that accepts a long bolt with a big washer. The wheel goes in upside down (you'll end up viewing the back of the wheel). When the bolt was tightened, the washer engaged the center of the wheel (alloy). The owners manual shows a different arrangement (http://lotus-europa.com/manuals/tcowner/index.htm). The first one has the picture of the spare in place.

I finally found a decent picture of where and how the boosters are mounted - see below. Most people either go with a smaller master cylinder or use the more modern Lockheed boosters. I have those boosters but I mounted them behind the rear wheels.

SilverBeast:
If it's a UK Special, it will have single circuit brakes and a single servo/booster, fitted in the same location.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version