Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

Visual differences between S2 & TCS hub carriers

<< < (2/3) > >>

Grumblebuns:
My observations were not meant to be definitive due to the small samples I had on hand. I don't know how to explain the lack of LEFT/RIGHT letters on Tom's TC hubs. Could they be the result of a PO modification to TCS hubs?  Both Brian's and Glen's comments seem to support the TC hubs having the letters embossed in the casting however.

One other oddity I notice with the S2 hubs were the non symmetry of the mounting holes. The spacing between the upper holes vs the lower holes are different. I documented the dimensions on the attached photos. The TCS hubs appear to be symmetrical.

As Tom stated with his S1 hubs not having the letters, I did a quick check of my S1 and it also does not have the LEFT/RIGHT letters.

Perhaps someone could take a quick peek under the skirts of the TC Europas at the next LOG and record what they find out.

Certified Lotus:
If you look closely my hub carrier looks entirely different on the inside where the bearing goes. It is stepped and has more of a hollow area after the flange. Why such a difference?

Roger:
Well my TC certainly has Left/Right markings.
Certified, yours look like mine. There is a step inside the outer flange to positvely locate the outer bearing. The inner bearing is not positively located.

Grumblebuns:
Glen, can I ask you a favor and measure the distance between the bolt holes of your TC hubs both the inboard and outboard side. I tried to fit my TCS hub to a trailing arm and found out that there is a slight mismatch between the holes of hub and the trailing arm. As the pictures shows, on the inboard side, the fit is very close but not perfect. The outboard side is off by quite a bit.

I'm starting to wonder if the bolt holes between the TCS and the TCs are also different and that I have a TC trailing arm.

Joji Tokumoto

Certified Lotus:
JoJi, here are the photo's you wanted.  I did two measurements, one from center and one outer edge to outer edge of the holes. Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version