Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

Stainless S2 Rear Deck Screens

<< < (2/3) > >>

HealeyBN7:
All three photos are important for selecting screen cloth.  The first of the wire size, the second is the number of openings in an inch and the last is the opening, but unfortunately I measured from the OD of the hole, so you would have to subtract the wire size twice...

The closest I can find is through mcmaster-carr.  It is stainless.  8x8 (8 openings per inch -square), in a wire diameter of .028 and a opening hole of .097 (=~.155 -(2*.028)).

http://www.mcmaster.com/#85385t42/=14rqz00

Dean

BDA:
Thanks for the clarification, Dean! I admit that I wasn't sure why the third picture. It seemed that all you needed is the wire size and the opening.

Thanks for the McMaster Carr page. No all I need to do is find a friend with a router and get some hardwood!

I don't think I've seen any TC owners make screens for their boot. Maybe I'll be the first!

TCS4605R:
I have taken the screens off my Twin Cam prior to doing the paintwork - they were held in place with silicon.

Tom

BDA:
The PO did that. IIRC, they were originally glued on.

I think as part screen upgrade, I'll glass some screws to the boot somehow and screw the screens on. But I'm early in the planning stage.

Midnight:

--- Quote from: BDA on Monday,October 24, 2016, 01:28:46 PM ---Those look great! I've seen instructions for making them but they seemed to be vague about the gauge or thickness of the mesh that works. Can you provide some insight?

--- End quote ---

Do you have the instructions? I assume you have to fabricate a buck of some kind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version