Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

Stainless S2 Rear Deck Screens

(1/3) > >>

HealeyBN7:
I have been asked s few times how the I secured the stainless screens on the back of the S2 rear panel. 

These are the screens from the original buy of 10 sets - not the stock units.  They are installed with dense foam mounting blocks that are about 3/4" square.   I glued these to the underside of the deck and used small stainless screws to fasten through the screen into the blocks.   No screws are visible from the outside.

Hope this helps.

Dean

BDA:
Those look great! I've seen instructions for making them but they seemed to be vague about the gauge or thickness of the mesh that works. Can you provide some insight?

blasterdad:

--- Quote from: BDA on Monday,October 24, 2016, 01:28:46 PM ---Those look great!

--- End quote ---
:I-agree:
Those are DOPE!  8)

HealeyBN7:

--- Quote from: BDA on Monday,October 24, 2016, 01:28:46 PM ---Those look great! I've seen instructions for making them but they seemed to be vague about the gauge or thickness of the mesh that works. Can you provide some insight?

--- End quote ---

You ask and I provide...

BDA:
Thanks, Dean!

I found this chart (http://www.mcnichols.com/cdscontent/attachments/charts/gaugechart.pdf) that seems to imply the gauge you want is 23.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version