Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

Yet Another Take on Brakes.....

<< < (2/4) > >>

4129R:
Garages have G thingies to road test brakes for MOT tests when they cannot do it on the rollers because it is 4WD.

Alex in Norfolk.

EuropaTC:

--- Quote from: 4129R on Wednesday,September 21, 2016, 11:25:21 PM ---Garages have G thingies to road test brakes for MOT tests when they cannot do it on the rollers because it is 4WD.

Alex in Norfolk.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Alex, that's interesting. I do remember tapley (?) meters but thought they'd all got thrown away now we had rollers. 

On another tack, after BDA's suggestion I went looking round the App store and he's right, everyone and their dog seem to be writing accelerometer apps so I've downloaded one and have another excuse for "road testing"......         an amazing thing this forum.

BDA:
  ;D

Let us know how what you find out!

EuropaTC:
Got one !

I don't know if it works in the car yet but I downloaded "physics toolbox accelerometer" from Amazon for my Kindle Fire this afternoon. There were several apps in similar vein but this one has graphs, and I like graphs. It certainly moves around if you shake the Kindle so I expect it will do something, but as to whether that something is useful, accurate or just fantasy is something I've yet to find out.

I'm amazed.  I had no idea my cheap kindle would do such things, I only bought it to play with when I'm bored on holidays. 

And I'm really glad I'm on a forum with friends who keep up to date on such things  :)

BDA:
Stick with us, Brian, and you'll go places!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version