Author Topic: PALS Garage Tour 2019  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Certified Lotus

PALS Garage Tour 2019
« on: Sunday,April 07, 2019, 04:28:38 AM »
Our local Lotus Club, Philadelphia Area Lotus Society, is holding a 2019 Garage Tour of members garages through-out the tri-state area this year.  I was fortunate enough to be the kick off garage tour for the year and we had a nice group turn out.  16 Lotus cars in my driveway and 26 people (one teenage boy wondered in from down the road as he was in awe of all the Lotus cars and stayed for hours listening and looking).

Gerry Short's 73 Europa Special was parked right next to my restored chassis on wheels so you could get a real understanding of the design of the cars components. Almost better than a cut-away drawing!

If you were one of the people who drove a Lotus to my Garage Event you got a very limited edition 2019 Garage Tour T-Shirt from GRS Motorsports. Wear it in pride!

Some photos from the day:

« Last Edit: Sunday,April 07, 2019, 04:37:46 AM by Certified Lotus »

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
Re: PALS Garage Tour 2019
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,April 07, 2019, 05:01:37 AM »
I'm impressed...not only of the great turn out of fantastic people and cars who showed, but your homestead looks fabulous. I wish I had the space for a lift. So much better than jacking and lying on your backside for those under carriage chores.

When will you be mating the body? the chassis and engine look great!

I noticed Ray's Cortina and Bruce's Elan. Two of my favorite blokes and their vintage machines.
 Thanks for posting ! ld 

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,April 07, 2019, 05:30:25 AM »
As always, total garage envy. Can’t wait to see that awesome chassis mated to its equally awesome body! You should cultivate the interest of the neighbor teen. Might be a good “hold this wrench” assistant and planting the seeds for a next generation of Lotus enthusiasts.
t
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,April 07, 2019, 05:42:46 AM »
I'm with Surf on the garage envy! I would add, Lotus envy for several of those cars! Looks like it was a great event! I can't wait for you to get your Europa body finally mated to your frame, either!

Offline 1970EuropaGuy

• Lotus Europa Restoration
« Reply #4 on: Sunday,April 07, 2019, 08:29:40 AM »
What a gathering. A fabulous selection of Lotus cars all in one space.

Now, if I were to leave 3 days early I might be able to join you next year!