Author Topic: New Member Registration  (Read 688 times)

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
New Member Registration
« on: Tuesday,February 12, 2013, 10:14:52 AM »
I have changed the way a new member can register to join the forum. I was approving all registrations after they responded to an email request in order to verify that they are a real person. The forum software has the ability to send an automated email to the new registrant and they in turn have to click on the link in the email. This will automate the process of registration.While not as secure, I hoping that the automation process will make it easier for new members to join.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: New Member Registration
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,February 12, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »
That sounds like the same as some of the other forums I use, and of course it would speed up the "joining experience" for any new registrations.  If I'm honest, I was ok with your original method, I think I'd err on the side of not having to clear up the mess left after a spam attack.

Can you make the link point to a "please introduce yourself" thread at the same time ?  I'm just thinking it might be one way to get new registrations over the initial hurdle of that first post. 

Brian

Edit to add - hey, that "notify" button really works well, it's almost like a yahoo email group now ! Amazing the little things that keep me amused.....  ;)