Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

One of our members..... BenBeames

<< < (2/3) > >>

benbeames:
Thanks for the kind words!

We have planned another series of episodes. Frustrated by his lack of success, my character buys a formula 500 car to race but because of a number of circumstances, John ends up racing it and I go back to the Lotus, winning my class by being the only one in it (all inspired by things that actually happened).  But the show didn't get nearly as many views as some of our other stuff, so we just kept putting it off and I don't know when we'll get around to it now.  We're winding down on another production so maybe we'll have time to revisit the racing show, but we also have are pretty busy in our paying work right now so who knows.

An idea I had been toying with was making a spoof of the Audi Le Mans Truth in 24 documentaries (which if you haven't seen, I highly recommend them) about autocrossing the Lotus.  We'd have interviews with a lot of people as "crew" who'd talk about the work that goes into making the car go the distance and then you see the "distance" is a 50 second lap.

Glad to know I captured something of the Lotus owner in my character. It's really just me exaggerated to the point of being entertaining. Or at least that's what I was attempting to do.

3929R:
I enjoyed the entire series as well.  There are some great scenes Ben!

If you get around to more shows, I wanna see a heroine.
 :BEER3:

benbeames:
Funny you should mention women in the cast.  Yesterday I started drafting a script that hopefully will include two.  Though I don't know that heroine fits their descriptions best.

In the mean time, here's footage of my wife trying a few runs of the Europa at an autocross (happiest day of my life).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ouOgD_qGc

EuropaTC:
Just watched it, again a great clip. I can't even get my missus to drive ours, we've had it for over 25yrs and I don't think she's even sat in the driver's seat.  Same with the Elan & Elise, she won't even get behind the wheel. But she's happily driven the other cars we've had over the years, MX5/Miata, MR2 Mk1 & Mk2's, etc and she's currently driving an Audi TT.

I just can't figure it out.... :confused:

Brian

benbeames:
The race was only the second time she's driven the car.  The first was a couple weeks earlier when I pestered her into taking it out so I could show her the differences in road driving techniques versus race driving (using the upper rev range and holding gears as long as possible, not putting the clutch in when breaking unless coming to a complete stop or shifting).

And the only reason I got her out to the race was by talking a friend of hers who had just bought a Boxster into coming out and trying it.  It took some appealing to her competitive nature, but I finally got her to give it a try. And then afterwards I had trouble getting her to come in because she was having so much fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version