Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

One of our members..... BenBeames

<< < (3/3)

cal44:
Brian,

"figure it out?"  don't try brother.  I'm talking pyramids mystery stuff.....

When my Europa arrived, she looked at it, said something about "wasn't I afraid of driving it?" and that was it.  I have owned some neat cars...........she couldn't care less. 

I thought for sure I could sway her with the last one.  A ground pounding '70 Boss 302............might as well been 2CV for all she cared.

I think she looks at the old cars as competition  for having a paint brush in my hand.

Ben,  I am not sure which is more fun to watch.........the look on your face or the fun she is having. 

benbeames:
There's this moment where I'm trying to figure out what to say as far as giving her instructions.  She need to give it some gas, but as soon as I can say that she's going to need to give it some brakes.  So I just say "keep going."

I've had a pretty "interesting" collection of cars over the years.  But my wife's taste doesn't line up with mine.  I asked her once jokingly as I was heading out to a car auction with a friend who's uncle was a car broker, that if I found a Lotus Elise for her real cheap, would she rather have that than her 1989 Honda CRX (this was in 2007).  She said no.  She prefers Honda's.  Deciding to play along, I asked if she'd like an NSX if I found one cheap (again this is all just hypothetical).  She said no, that's an Acura.  I said, its the same thing, in fact in the rest of the world, the NSX is sold with a Honda badge.  This didn't change her mind.

:confused:

3929R:

--- Quote from: benbeames on Thursday,August 23, 2012, 11:12:45 PM --- then afterwards I had trouble getting her to come in because she was having so much fun.
--- End quote ---
  Which is why you now have a driver's seat that is custom molded to your own butt?

benbeames:
 >:D

Right now I don't think she's available to make any more of the races this year.  I hope to make her a seat this winter that will be smaller and more of a general seat for people to use, though molded inside the cabin. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version