Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

This could be the one

(1/4) > >>

Sparkrite:
After years of searching I have found a europa which I'm very keen to buy asap. However I am in the U.K. and the car is in Europe.
As it is a non driver I am thinking of hiring a luton van ,loading the car inside after making a suitable "bed" then bringing it home. But a europa is 3.994m x 1.64m x 1.08m high , but the luton has 3.93m x 1.95m x 2.18m high space.
Are there better suited vans in the U.K. and is this a dumb idea.

Grumblebuns:
The way I'm reading the dimensions, the car is wider than the width of the van interior. Unless you don't mind body damage loading/unloading the car, you may want to consider another option. How far is the transport?

EuropaTC:
Why not just a normal trailer, or is the car in pieces and not rolling ?

Even if the car is rolling it sounds very tight on width even if you could leave the rear door open. Plus of course you have to get the car from the ground up to the bed height....    you'll need a long ramp & winch ?  The pro's who use flatbed trucks to move cars around (I used one to move my cars down here) have ramps/winches to handle non-runners and the flatbeds are plenty long enough even for larger cars. If you could hire something like that you might be in with a chance.

Brian

Richard48Y:
Is the body attached to the chassis?
If not it may be light enough to load at an angle above the heavy bits?
You would need to build some sort of support frame from lumber, in advance or on-site.
Just an idea.

Sparkrite:
The car is all complete and rolls but not drives. On my license I can drive a 3.5 tonne van which I hope should be able to carry the 700 odd kg payload. I probably need to find one with a longer load bay. I do not have a towing car and would find pulling a trailer not easy for a first time attempt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version