Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Hello, I'm a new member

(1/5) > >>

BillsLotus:
My name is Bill. Just bought a 1973 Europa. I've looking to buy one since I was 15 (67 now). I'm from Maryland but now live in Merritt Island, FL. I first saw the Euopa in about 1970. Back then stores were closed on Sundays. The local Mall had an Auto Cross on Sundays in the parking lot, I saw the Europa and feel in love with it. I had forgotten about it till a saw one on Pawn Stars the TV show about eight years ago. That one got away from me so I started searching on and off. Tried to buy one from some internet sites but they were all frauds. I thought I would give it one more try so I searched Craigs List nationwide and saw a 1973 in Kentucky. It was 800 miles away. So I called the owner and told him to hold it and left the next morning to top get it. Made the deal, towed the car back to Florida. It was the only thing on mu bucket list, bucket list now complete. I love it. I'm going to repaint it Olympic Blue. Also glad I found this site. Thanks.

SilverBeast:
 Hi Bill and :Welcome:

gideon:
 :Welcome: Bill. We'd love to see some pictures of your bucket list car  :)

BDA:
 :Welcome:  Bill!!!

Glad you finally got your baby! That's a nice (and not unusual) story! We'd love to see pictures of her as well as the progress of your work. Besides repainting her, what plans do you have for her? Are you keeping her stock or are you planning any mods?

BillsLotus:
I'll send some pictures. The motor has been upgraded to 1998 Honda Accura (160 HP). It's like a rocket when you hit 2nd gear. Besides paint I'm going to leave it. I live in Florida so I'm thinking of adding an A/C. I've looked into it seems doable but any thoughts on that would be appreciated.  Glad I found you guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version