Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Oil pump question

(1/3) > >>

konapaul:
I'm taking my engine apart for a re-build. When driving the oil pump shaft through the block, it needed some encouragement, assumed to be due to corrosion on the shaft. With the shaft removed, inspection of the lower bearing surface shows several parallel and vertical score marks, approximately consistent with the spacing of the splines on the oil pump shaft, at two opposite patches. The score marks are shown in the photos attached. Are these deliberate for oiling the surface, or is this damaged caused by me (or the PO) - if this case does anyone have any suggestions? The block is from a 1647cc x-flow Renault unit.

Thanks in advance!

Footer:
Sorry that I don't have any insight here as I'm not familiar with the renault engine but welcome to the forum.  Many knowledgeable people here who are willing and eager to help.
Good luck on the rebuild!

jbcollier:
Been a while but I thought it came out the other way.

brucelotus26r:
The marks are to uniform to have bin made by accident.
Perhaps they are to let oil drain past pump shaft to help lubricate it.

dakazman:
    I’ll send you some pics of my crossflow tomorrow. I also send a wedge to compare it to.
The shaft comes out either way... , but with head on, it will only come out the bottom.  If you have oil build up there you can remove the inspection plugs on the side of the block and see what debris is inside block.
Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version