Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

VIN INFO PLATE IN FRONT TRUNK TCS

(1/4) > >>

kram350kram:
Just realized the data VIN data plate located in the front truck bulkhead in my '74 TCS is not there. Interesting there are only three rivet holes and no apparent marks from blind rivets? I think the car has never been repainted. The build date off the door VIN plate is 6/73 unit # 3707R which matches the title. Question is should there be a plate at this location and if so can one be obtained? Thanks in advance. 

BDA:
Yes there should be a plaque in the middle of the inside of the front trunk. I believe r.d. enterprises or Dave Bean Engineering sells reproductions.

Grumblebuns:
Looking at the RDEnt website, they carry the standard emissions plate that is riveted to the engine compartment, right hand side. The plate on the front inside plenum carries the VIN, engine serial #, transaxle # and the paint code. You would need those numbers to stamp onto a blank plate (does anyone even sell them?). Same with the small metal tag on the top of the dash with the VIN. 

BDA:
I would have assumed that if they had the emission plate and the tire pressure glove box decal, that they would have the front trunk plate. If none of the "usual suspects" can help, you may have to check with Lotus. Their archivist, Andy Graham, has always been helpful in the past. You can email him at AGraham at lotuscars dot com (supply the correct symbols).

Dan C 2624R:
My plate on 2624R was/is quite hard to read and I couldn't find anything to clean it up.
I found a replacement plate in the UK via   www.vin-plate.co.uk
Plate is quite nice and shipped to NJ via Royal Mail.
I plan on attaching it to a larger plate and adding a line stating "Duplicate" and screwing (not riviting) on top of original.
I do not plan on removing the original.
I have pictures if interested as I don't think I can attach here.

Dan in NJ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version