Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

S2 VS TC carpets whats the differance?

(1/1)

aspares:
I have been offered a new carpet set for a TC Europa (free) but I have a S2. What would the difference be and could it be made to work? He also has some of the carpet material in a roll that I could use if needed.
Thanks as always for any info.

Grumblebuns:
If you look at AutoMats website, their carpet kit is for all Europa models, no differentiation between the S2 or TC.

Kendo:
I thought the TC cockpit got bigger. Or was it S1 -> S2 that got bigger?

Clifton:
Free, I would make it work. ^-^ I know the seats are different as far as rake so the back is a little different. I'm sure some on here will know definitively.

EuropaTC:

--- Quote from: Clifton on Friday,October 09, 2020, 06:34:31 PM ---Free, I would make it work. ^-^
--- End quote ---

:)  Ditto !

Especially as you have access to more of the same material, it's a no-brainer !

I don't know the detail changes but the cockpit was enlarged for the TC, it's mentioned in several period road tests. Apart from the seat angle (which might not make a big  difference to the carpets ?) they enlarged the footwells to give a bit more room. As those areas are well out of sight you should be able to sort something out with extra material. 

A quick look at the parts manuals for the S2/TC shows only minor differences - footwells and the treatment at the rear of the central tunnel. I'd reckon if the carpets were free it's worth a shot !

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version