Author Topic: FS '74  (Read 734 times)

Offline cal44

FS '74
« on: Wednesday,July 16, 2014, 05:39:29 AM »
No affiliation, but, if you live in California and you want this Canadian, be careful.  A fellow Lotus Elan owner in L.A can't get his Canadian Lotus registered here...............   The DMV is less than helpful in this state of the insane as the car is smog exempt and they want to know where the smog equipment is...............

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotus-Other-JPS-T-C-Special-Lotus-Europa-JPS-1973-/271549720170?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f399fe66a&item=271549720170&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline BDA

Re: FS '74
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,July 16, 2014, 06:14:44 AM »
Very nice car!

I guess the DMV is stupid everywhere. When I first had my Europa inspected, they complained that where there was an exhaust leak where the header primary tubes slip fitted to the secondary tubes. This occurred under the engine. I told him that there was a bigger "leak" just a couple of feet downstream (the end of the exhaust pipe), but rules were rules and I had to seal my leak!

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,July 16, 2014, 03:52:26 PM »
Canadian Lotus's came with pollution equipment as well.  It was very common to remove it.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,July 17, 2014, 05:49:10 AM »
Pretty Europa. Paint looks great and given the car's condition the price doesn't seem unreasonable. This seems like a very nice Europa. The car is listed as a JPS. Curious, the seller asks lookers to refrain from asking JPS badge questions, but does not explain the lack of a badge on his car.

Personally, I don't get too wrapped around the axle about JPS vs non JPS. It's the same car and a plastic badge means very little to me, but real JPS do bring higher prices and collectability, so the subject is not moot.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor