Author Topic: Parts hunters  (Read 3160 times)

Offline cal44

Parts hunters
« on: Monday,February 03, 2014, 06:08:53 AM »
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Online Grumblebuns

Re: Parts hunters
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,February 04, 2014, 07:46:51 AM »
Hard to tell from the pictures if the frame got bent from the hit to the rear right quarter. The seller says no damage but without a personal inspection, who knows. I could use the frame but don't have the time this week to go up and take a look at it.

Joji Tokumoto
Fallbrook, Ca

Offline cal44

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,February 04, 2014, 03:44:54 PM »
Joji,
you were just the person I was thinking about when I saw this.  The guy on Ebay selling the body parts has the rears.  So if the frame is o.k then someone can have a fixer and graphed on the new part all from pretty darn cheap.
United States Marines

Online Grumblebuns

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,February 05, 2014, 12:38:24 PM »
Mike, spoke to the seller this morning. He accepted an offer on ebay and closed the listing. However after communicating with the prospective buyer, he came to find out that the buyer won't be able to come up with the money for two months even with a small deposit to cover the ebay listing costs. He's pretty much stuck now. Oh, and the slacker is a first time ebay buyer.

I'm driving up on Friday to look at the carcass. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Joji

Offline 3929R

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,February 05, 2014, 03:54:17 PM »
I'm driving up on Friday to look at the carcass. I'll let you know how things turn out.
Joji
Enjoy Trona, a town you can smell before you can see.  Ahhh, I can smell it now. :'(
I'm looking forward to your report (on the car).
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline cal44

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,February 05, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
No sense going up without the trailer.................I know you'll be bringing it home.

mike
United States Marines

Offline buzzer

« Reply #6 on: Thursday,February 06, 2014, 05:02:06 AM »
Yes good luck and if you want to shift some of the parts you don't want I certainly be interested.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Online Grumblebuns

« Reply #7 on: Sunday,February 09, 2014, 09:22:05 AM »
No sense going up without the trailer.................I know you'll be bringing it home.

mike

Being a four hour drive for me to drive up there, I didn't want to make the trip twice in case the car had some usable parts, so took the trailer. And you're right, bought the car for the price of a new windshield. The rest of the car was thrown in. 15 years of storage outside, even in an area next to Death Valley, took its toll on the car. The rear right quarter got hit hard from the back, pushing and bending the trailing arm forward. The entire engine cradle section is tweaked about an inch to the right. Is the frame repairable, won't know until I take the body off. With the dry climate, there is minimal rust on the frame. The seats got stolen during storage and apparently the windshield was not in place so the interior is pretty much roached out. Both bumpers and the entire front section is in great shape. Unfortunately the seller turned the engine over using a socket and breaker bar on the camshaft pulley bolt. I wonder what broke; he said the engine turned over freely.

Apparently the PO added a Hermes intake and Weber side draught carb, that will be worth keeping for my running S2.

The next step is to get the S2 off of my trailer when it won't roll. I'll try to rig up a suspension temporarily for the destroyed right rear and try to roll it off that way.     

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #8 on: Sunday,February 09, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
Joji is that your place with all the cars??

Online Grumblebuns

« Reply #9 on: Monday,February 10, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
Chuck, it's the boneyard for a couple of rescue Europas; future projects. One of the advantages of living in the boonies and having good neighbors, no one to complain about having a private junkyard.

Joji Tokumoto

Offline cal44

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday,February 12, 2014, 06:20:52 AM »
Joji.............you do have the touch.   Congrats.

mike
United States Marines