Author Topic: HELP..need a pic of clutch arm s2 1969  (Read 336 times)

Offline mike alain

• 5 years to build (with help)
HELP..need a pic of clutch arm s2 1969
« on: Monday,March 15, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »
AHH.   sh*t.  went to put the new clutch cable on, and does not seem to work(fit).  I look threw the round hole and can see the clutch bearing, it is in rite, I can see the fork arms move it
back and forth,  I have the correct clutch plate and flywheel (not changed) and correct bearing,  on the outside the arm coming down with the spring on it moves correct BUT it is about
1 inch from the hole in the bellhousing, I would suspect it should be about 3 inches from this hole that I think the cable goes in to and then is  somehow clamped in this hole,  as they
say a pic is worth a thousand words,   would someone pls take a pic of this area for me,  would be appreciated. 

Offline BDA

Re: HELP..need a pic of clutch arm s2 1969
« Reply #1 on: Monday,March 15, 2021, 04:26:28 PM »
There are several things different on my car in this area but I think there are enough things that are the same that it might help you.

My clutch arm has an extra piece on it. You can see one of the bolts that holds it to the rest of the arm. At the bottom of the arm is where my clutch cable is but I have an industrial push-pull cable with a turnbuckle for adjustment. You can see that near the bottom of the picture. But like I said, the proximity to the bell housing is bone-stock. The distance from the bell housing to the inside edge of the clutch arm is about 1.5".

In what way does the cable not fit? I don't understand your description. Maybe a picture would help?

Offline mike alain

• 5 years to build (with help)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,March 16, 2021, 04:51:34 AM »
Thanks for pic, but mine is different,   transmission 336,  I think my pressure plate is jammed like the bearing over pushed it if that is possible,  threw the hole I can see the
clutch bearing moves 1 in before it hits the pressure plate, I guess I have to pull it all apart again,  rite now my arm moves freely about 2 inches before contact to the pressure plate,
I have done about 20 clutches and never seen a pressure plate jammed like it has pressure from the bearing (if that makes sense to you)

Offline GavinT

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,March 16, 2021, 11:43:47 AM »
Hi Mike,

It might be better if you posted a pic of what you're dealing with.
It's difficult to provide commentary on something complex that can't be seen.

Cheers,
Gavin