Author Topic: TCS Front Sway Bar (Roll Bar) Drop Down Link Bushes  (Read 263 times)

Offline Dilkris

TCS Front Sway Bar (Roll Bar) Drop Down Link Bushes
« on: Friday,February 05, 2021, 08:35:18 AM »
I cannot find a supplier for the bushes as shown. These are the drop link upper mounting bushes which fit onto the top wishbone spindle. Suppliers here in the UK supply the drop links c/w bushes, (but what they have done is modify the upper drop link so as they accept the same upper wishbone bushes - which makes sense.) The lower bushes, drop link to sway bar, are readily available.

Interestingly, the upper drop link attachment, has edges which are rolled over, (see photo's).

I am thinking of carefully grinding off the rolled edges and machining some back to back poly bushes with a steel sleeve. What has everyone else done here?   

Online BDA

Re: TCS Front Sway Bar (Roll Bar) Drop Down Link Bushes
« Reply #1 on: Friday,February 05, 2021, 09:26:21 AM »
That sounds reasonable. I don't know why they rolled the edges in the first place. It's not uncommon to cut it off, cut threads in the link and put a rod end there. That would enable you to adjust the length too.

Offline Gary t

Re: TCS Front Sway Bar (Roll Bar) Drop Down Link Bushes
« Reply #2 on: Friday,February 05, 2021, 11:26:20 AM »
May not be any help but: in another life I dumpster dove two time expired main landing gear shocks from a twin otter (aircraft)  they are 5 lb blocks of polyurethane.  I carved a set of drop link bushings from a piece of this polyurethane.
Gary Toffelmire
54/1173