Author Topic: Toyota 4AGE swap  (Read 321 times)

Online BDA

Toyota 4AGE swap
« on: Sunday,January 31, 2021, 05:01:16 PM »
There has recently been some interest shown here for the Toyota 4AGE swap. For those who aren't members of the Lotus Europa Groups.io group, John Pels recently posted this:

Friends, I haven’t produced any conversion parts in quite a long time. I have had some interest the last few weeks however and because of this I have contacted the original machinist that made the adapter plates for the Toyota  4AGE conversion and he has assured me that he can get back to making them. This go-round I will not be making motor mounts etcetera, JUST THE PLATE. The cost (so far) seems to be as it was in the previous offer, namely $550 including the bolts to attach the plate to the 4AGE block, but NOT including the input shaft bushing. Interested parties may contact me at pelsfam at att dot net. 

I will need to know whether you are using the original 336 trans or the NG series as the thickness of the plate varies according to application. Please understand that I have had problems in having these made previously and if this fails, I apologize in advance, but I will do my best to make it happen.

Thanks, John Pels

Offline Clifton

Re: Toyota 4AGE swap
« Reply #1 on: Monday,February 01, 2021, 03:48:08 AM »
FWIW, the 4AGE can make 200whp pretty easily. There's a guy on Youtube that does a lot of dyno testing on them.
https://www.youtube.com/c/Garage4age/videos