Author Topic: '73 TC on BaT  (Read 992 times)

Offline bert knip

Re: '73 TC on BaT
« Reply #15 on: Saturday,April 11, 2020, 07:40:06 AM »
The more I learn from my 71 S2 project, I want to improve the car.
And there are lots of things, just to make it a better, safer, fun car.
I agree that the integrity of the design should be respected, but  i think the purpose is to have more drivable europa s on the road.
Think 12,6K is a reasonable price for a driving and braking car, that with minor work can be roadworthy.
Sure, when you want it like new, you can spend a lot, but like the paint would be good enough for me.
Big advantage, no years of spending and work, just hit the road and have fun!

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #16 on: Saturday,April 11, 2020, 08:06:54 AM »
I would not pay that much for a car that needs a chassis replacement and has a TC engine of unknown provenance.  A test showing good compression, a video with quiet valves and a photo of the timing chain adjuster showing more adjustment left doesn't take hardly any work and gives a much better indication of engine condition.

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #17 on: Sunday,April 12, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »
I would hope that the reason somebody modified their car, it would be because it made the car more like he wanted it rather than some hope of making it more valuable.

At the first LOG I took my car to (not on a trailer), I won third place in the "people's choice concours." There were several very nice examples of TCs and TCSs but I humbly thought mine was nicer than that third place would imply. For the next LOG I polished everything I could: header tank, the oil tank, the stainless steel headers, etc. In short, my car looked about as it ever did. I got another third place in the "people's choice concous" again! In frustration, I wondered what I would have to do to win or at least do better than third! After a few minutes, I figured that whatever it would take, I didn't want to do it. I had built my car the way I wanted it! After that, it no longer bothered me how it might be viewed. I will be completely happy if I don't even get a third at the next LOG.

I completely agree. It truth mine will end up being quite a bit different than stock, values be damned.