Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

Converting a Left Hand Drive Car to Right Hand Drive

<< < (2/4) > >>

grnicholson:
hello Alex

I am in talks with Dave at the moment but if I find myself short of bits and/or info then I will be in touch.  My email is richardelke@terra.com.

You seem to be knee deep in Europas!!

Too hot to continue.............. going for a swim and a beer............

Cheers - Richard

grnicholson:
Hi Alex

Would you believe that Dave donated me the parts for the steering conversion - what a star!!   Now I need a little bit of your wisdom and I am away!!

As a retired pensioner awaiting my bucket list car I would be most appreciative if you could steer  (!) me away from the obvious pitfalls with a little documentation.  In return I could offer you a set of spare alloys, or steel, wheels, fibreglass bumpers and a few assorted items which should be arriving with the car early next week.

I also need a couple of Europa boot and side badges.  Can we deal with odds and ends?

Thanks
Richard melting in 38 degres C

4129R:
Have you got a proper LHD steering rack?

Getting the long 7/16th nuts and bolts swapped over is a challenge.

Disconnect battery.

Remove dashboard.

Remove steering column.

Remove hand brake assembly.

Remove wiper motor, rack, and windscreen drives.

Remove pedal box.

Remove throttle pedal.

Remove clutch cable.

Remove throttle cable.

Remove brake master cylinder and reservoirs.

Replace all the above items in mirror image mode.

Turn over wiring loom.

Let me know what problems you have, and I will try to help.

grnicholson:
Hi Alex

It's far too hot to contemplate even going into the man cave at the moment............. just browsing the web for bits is enough.

I need a Europa boot badge to finish the exterior and I'm working on installing air con to the beast...

2 seats would also be a bonus, can you help me out?  I have an engine, wheels and transaxle going spare.....

Cheers from Richard melting in Spain

4129R:
When the container arrives, I will let you know if there are any of those spare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version