Author Topic: New eBay Listing - '72 TC in Ohio  (Read 254 times)

Offline BDA

Re: New eBay Listing - '72 TC in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,August 08, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »
The seller doesn't say if it's a 4 or 5 speed. I looked in the registry and I think I found it under chassis number 72mm2366R (http://lotus-europa.com/regtc.html). It was for sale at the time of the registry entry. Oddly, it had tan seats in the registry photos but black now. Also, it had headlight covers in the registry...

It's hard to tell with the crappy pictures in the ebay listing but it's probably a pretty good car that will certainly need some work.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,August 08, 2023, 02:34:50 PM »
The interior is decent and usable but would benefit from a good cleaning.   
  Missing ashtray in picture is not decent... and no window switches?
  warts missing
  mismatched wheels
  battery?
  Rear boot liner?
  Dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,August 08, 2023, 03:24:10 PM »
I missed the mismatched wheels and the lack of an ashtray you got me to look closer and the window switches seem to be there! But you’re right, more than work is needed. It’s also missing boosters and we don’t know what was done with the M/C.

Given the pictures in the registry, it’s not only deteriorated but downgraded. Too bad…

Offline Vegantune

• 46+ Years Europa TCS /JPS Owner/Fixer/Improver
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,August 09, 2023, 08:57:18 AM »
Seems easily worth $7K starting bid with no reserve. Will sell. A few interesting notes and oddities, but nothing outright disturbing. It left the factory in Lagoon Blue (L12 code), changed to red before Oct-2011. Also removed painted (not tape) "Special" style pinstripes shown in registry pics. Rear cover latch pins also gone now, so cover either repaired to fill in holes (without a trace), or not the same cover.  Was it re-repainted red over red (over blue)? Notes mention paint looks only fair, but most recent repaint would have been since registry pics or someone went through a lot of effort to remove some decent looking pinstripes, so red repaint #2 would appear to be within last 12 years.

For some reason, moved the battery from left side to center back, and apparently lost the rear luggage box (that's unfortunate). It is curious about headlight covers gone and no trace of mountings - why would you not want them? Also a bit curious why Minilite rims shown in registry pics now are what looks like Wolfrace rims front and something else rear in eBay pics given both were aftermarket, but ad does mention "5 additional rims and tires are included in the sale." Maybe end up with at least four that all match? Almost like it isn't the exactly the same car, but sn says it is.

BTW, either has to be a 4-speed or someone changed it from original - no 5-speed until TCS. I'm betting original 4-speed. But for $7K no reserve, nothing would stop me if I wanted a TC. Worth that in spare parts alone even if it is missing the trunk box, ashtray and boosters. Expect it will go for more. If not, someone stole it.
« Last Edit: Wednesday,August 09, 2023, 04:30:01 PM by Vegantune »
- A Norwegian Blue with beautiful plumage is still nothing but a dead parrot.

1973 Black Europa TCS/Vegantune JPS #180
1973 White Europa TCS
2012 Jaguar XJL 5.0 Supercharged
1975 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4
1994 Volvo 940 Shoebox Wagon
2005 Yamaha V Star
1998 Kawasaki XII Voyager