Author Topic: Nice 5-speed TCS for sale on Bring a Trailer  (Read 509 times)

Online BDA

Nice 5-speed TCS for sale on Bring a Trailer
« on: Monday,July 12, 2021, 04:36:17 PM »
There is a very nice TCS for sale on BaT. Very stock - even emission equipment. It should probably bring a good price. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-lotus-europa-7/

Offline jbcollier

Re: Nice 5-speed TCS for sale on Bring a Trailer
« Reply #1 on: Monday,July 12, 2021, 05:14:12 PM »
"there is currently a lien on the car..."

Not much more to be said really.

Online BDA

« Reply #2 on: Monday,July 12, 2021, 05:22:35 PM »
I did not see that. It is interesting that the amount of the lien is not specified.
« Last Edit: Monday,July 12, 2021, 05:35:05 PM by BDA »

Offline literarymadness

« Reply #3 on: Monday,July 12, 2021, 06:02:21 PM »
Most banks that finance classic cars require a collateral lien on the title (for example JJ Best).  It is no different than buying a new car. You don't get your title till your car is paid off. The current owner has had the car for three years so more than likely he has two to three years left on his Classic Car loan. I paid for my car with a five year Classic Car loan from Lightstream (a branch of Suntrust Bank). 

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,July 13, 2021, 01:16:30 PM »
Looks very nice. It seems to have 175's on all corners, was that standard on the Federal, not 185's at the rear like in the UK?

Online BDA

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,July 13, 2021, 01:22:35 PM »
Standard Federal TCSs had 175/70-13s in the front and 185/70-13s in the rear. Some people don't want to bother with different tires and sometimes there is a problem with finding 13" tires.

Online BDA

« Reply #6 on: Monday,July 19, 2021, 01:55:27 PM »
It was stolen for $30,000. A startup and running video probably would have helped.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #7 on: Monday,July 19, 2021, 03:42:59 PM »
How about a seller who actually has access to the car?  He was selling for someone else.  The car seemed to be far away and not readily accessible.  Lots of platitudes on how "wonderful" and "amazing" Europas are, how "lucky" the new owner would be, and much speculation on the car being amazing because it was seen here or there, but not much real information or detailed answers to questions.  The seller seemed to be selling based on their "reputation" rather than the car's condition and build quality.

BAT is now full of me-too-ers looking to bump their "likes".  There is 20 inane, off-topic comments for every real question, answer or comment.

Offline TheKid#9

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday,July 20, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »
How about a seller who actually has access to the car?  He was selling for someone else.  The car seemed to be far away and not readily accessible.  Lots of platitudes on how "wonderful" and "amazing" Europas are, how "lucky" the new owner would be, and much speculation on the car being amazing because it was seen here or there, but not much real information or detailed answers to questions.  The seller seemed to be selling based on their "reputation" rather than the car's condition and build quality.

BAT is now full of me-too-ers looking to bump their "likes".  There is 20 inane, off-topic comments for every real question, answer or comment.

I agree, I wasn't happy with the seller not really knowing much about the car, nor having it in his own possession at the time of the sell, it seemed like. That car should've went for $10K more IMO; however, without a full description or paperwork of recent history of the car, maybe that was a good price for it. It might need some work to really get it right and for it to drive reliable for a long period of time.

BAT is where the money is at times but its also where non enthusiasts post questions or comments that aren't relevant at all.