Author Topic: Lotus TCS in Japanese Anime Series  (Read 455 times)

Offline literarymadness

Lotus TCS in Japanese Anime Series
« on: Wednesday,May 27, 2020, 08:13:18 PM »
In 2000, there was a popular automotive-themed Japanese Anime series called "éX-Driver" There were six (25 minute) episodes and a full length movie. The series depicts a future world in which all vehicles are AI cars and trucks that drive themselves with humans as passive passengers. But occasionally a vehicle goes haywire or someone reprograms a car--then the Ex-Drivers go into action. Of course, the only cars that can be used to rescue the automotive passengers are classics from the bygone pre-ECU analog era of the automobile. The éX-Driver's cars of choice are a Lotus Twin Cam Special, a Caterham 7, a Lancia Stratos (replacing a Subaru STI), and a Ducati 900 SS. As with most Anime, the details are amazing. I posted a link with all six episodes back-to-back and dubbed in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LO_OUwJ9o&t=5322s
« Last Edit: Wednesday,May 27, 2020, 08:15:39 PM by literarymadness »

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Lotus TCS in Japanese Anime Series
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,May 28, 2020, 09:00:29 AM »
Looks interesting. I'll check it out in detail when I get the time. I still find it curious the infatuation the Japanese appear to have with Lotus, and particularly the Europa.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor