Author Topic: Apprpos Nothing: Pilgrimage Day  (Read 189 times)

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
Apprpos Nothing: Pilgrimage Day
« on: Thursday,April 25, 2024, 01:39:02 PM »
While in the area...figured I'd stop by one of our Usual Suspects and drop off some excess bits from all the tear downs I've done (and collected) over the years since they aren't germane to the TC formula (hint: he has a couple cars worth of the sidelight chrome trim pieces now...in good condition, if needing a little attention with a rag and chrome polish) and a useable rear trunk (needs the steel plate and insulation replaced, but no cracks or worn edges...hint, hint...)

Picked up new Spaxs for the rear, and the replacement springs.  Nice day for a drive out to his shop...and more parts to move to 3291R
Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.

Offline dakazman

Re: Apprpos Nothing: Pilgrimage Day
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,April 27, 2024, 03:49:21 PM »
  Okay rub it in. Nice drive on a winding pennsy back road.  Good for you.  :beerchug:
   I hope those shocks work well, I didn't go for extreme just usable, after driving the thing I'll make adjustments.
D'Man

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,April 27, 2024, 08:20:55 PM »
Gee, I guess I have to modify my image of RD Enterprises being a big box store with acres of shelves of Lotus parts and greeters in Lotus shirts meeting you at the door like Walmart. Hmmm.
Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
« Reply #3 on: Monday,April 29, 2024, 10:14:35 AM »
Gee, I guess I have to modify my image of RD Enterprises being a big box store with acres of shelves of Lotus parts and greeters in Lotus shirts meeting you at the door like Walmart. Hmmm.
Tom

One wishes that was the case, but no, it's the "Lotus Barn" with Ray and George on the second floor looking out at the driveway.  I like stopping by and talking bits and pieces...He's celebrating his 50th year in operation...and no signs of slowing down, unlike the rest of us. 

(Photo from 2008 when I stopped by on a drive around to clear my head and taking a break while working on stripping 693R for paint.  And, yes, that Lotus regalia teddy bear on the backbone is still riding with me...lol.)

« Last Edit: Monday,April 29, 2024, 10:20:46 AM by Bryan Boyle »
Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.