Lotus Europa Forums > Events

LOG 42 Report

<< < (2/4) > >>

BDA:
My apologies, Certified!!! I should have mentioned your diorama getting an award! It was very nicely done and well worth your 1st place! This is becoming routine for you, isn't it? Didn't you win the diorama award in a recent LOG?

Thanks also for posting some pictures but I just found out I don't have a data cable and they are too big to email so I can't get them on my computer to post. Maybe one day...

TheKid#9:
Hi BDA,

Sorry I missed you at LOG but I was able to see our friend Certified. I brought my Lotus Seven S4.

My parents and I stayed at the hotel, my dad had his Elise. We got a group together to drive to the Brushy Mountain Distillery which was a BLAST!

I was able to speak to David Hobbs a little as well and shake his hand. He asked me which Lotus Cars I own, and I told him all three plus my dads Elise but I drove the Seven here. His response was “The Sevens are great aren’t they?!”

Won’t be making it to Texas for next year but another good time with Lotus Owners.

BDA:
Hey Kid! I'm sorry I missed you too! That yellow Seven was yours!? I overheard someone say that body style was rare from the last Lotus Sevens. That was new to me!

I really enjoyed talking to David Hobbs and I'm looking forward to getting his book!

Certified Lotus:

--- Quote from: BDA on Tuesday,September 05, 2023, 10:49:22 AM ---My apologies, Certified!!! I should have mentioned your diorama getting an award! It was very nicely done and well worth your 1st place! This is becoming routine for you, isn't it? Didn't you win the diorama award in a recent LOG?
--- End quote ---

Good memory. I won model awards at LOG 33 and 36. LOG 33 was the trifecta, first place for my Elan S1, first place for my Large Model and first place for my small photo.

I like to build and create things. Truth be known, I’ve been building models for more than 55 years. Started with plastic kit models, moved to balsa wood gliders, then radio controlled anything (planes, cars, boats) and back to static models made of various materials. It’s a fun hobby where attention to detail and creativity produce rewarding results.

Certified Lotus:

--- Quote from: Dan C 2624R on Tuesday,September 05, 2023, 10:33:56 AM ---Glen,
It looks like Retirement agrees with you.
I also know those watercraft are a blast to play with.

Be careful and keep the retirement activities going.

Dan.
(back in NJ and hovering around a stuffy 90+ F)

--- End quote ---

Hi Dan, I can confirm retired life is all I had hoped it would be. Make sure you have lots of hobbies. You’ll have time to spend on all of them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version