Lotus Europa Forums > Events

Happy Thanksgiving

(1/2) > >>

BDA:
We colonists will be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow but I wish everybody a wonderful Thanksgiving whether you celebrate it or not!

TurboFource:
Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you to everyone for the help and answering all my questions!
And thanks in advance for those not yet asked!!  :)

4129R:

--- Quote from: BDA on Wednesday,November 23, 2022, 07:37:22 PM ---We colonists will be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow but I wish everybody a wonderful Thanksgiving whether you celebrate it or not!

--- End quote ---

Do you still celebrate by throwing tea in the sea?

We prefer to make tea with fresh boiling water rather than very cold salty water !!!

I did not know Liberia had such close ties to the USA. They seem to celebrate it too.

BDA:
You can be assured that when we brew tea, we now brew it with fresh water! However, especially in the south, it is much more common to drink ice tea!

Yes, Liberia was formed by free blacks who believed they had a better chance for freedom in Africa. They patterned Liberia rather closely after the US. Even their flag is similar and their capital is Monrovia, named after our fifth president, James Monroe.

A bit more history: The Pilgrims landing in the New World originally were organized communally. All the fruits of their farming was shared equally and they were starving. Their leader, William Bradford, changed course and divided land equally and they farmed and hunted for themselves and they had more than enough for everyone. They celebrated their success with a feast of thanksgiving which included friendly Indians.

dakazman:

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 
                                                 Eat well everyone.

PS,   The only tea I drink is a Long Island Iced Tea.
                                             (Just for the Holidays)

Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version