Author Topic: Rear Disc Brake kits for TC, who makes them?  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: Rear Disc Brake kits for TC, who makes them?
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday,January 31, 2018, 07:12:12 AM »
I contacted Dave Lindemann for more info on his rear brake bracket. The last picture appears to show a spot caliper for an emergency brake. I can't tell if it's hydraulic or cable operated.

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #31 on: Monday,March 19, 2018, 07:52:44 PM »
D-man found this site on Instagram. They have some interesting parts and conversions, including a rear disk brake kit. Might be worth looking into.  http://www.technicalshophappy.com/sale/index.html

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline BDA

« Reply #32 on: Monday,March 19, 2018, 08:08:18 PM »
From the logo on the picture, it looks like a kit put together by JAE (http://www.jaeparts.com) though I don't see it on their website. If someone is interested in them, it would be worth a call to them.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday,March 20, 2018, 04:16:10 AM »
Several years ago I spoke with the HAPPY shop regarding Lotus parts. They are complete fanatics on anything Lotus. Although they design and make some great after market parts, the price plus exchange rate, shipping and duty make most items very expensive. I’ll reach out again as one of the photos looks like a cast aluminum bracket for the rear caliper. First time I have seen one cast.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday,March 20, 2018, 09:19:27 AM »
They seem to have some very interesting products and kits on their site, though unfortunately my Japanese is a bit weak.

Of the various rear disc conversions out there, are any of them using fixed calipers (as opposed to floating calipers)?
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor