Author Topic: FS - Twin Cam cams  (Read 525 times)

Offline Willa

FS - Twin Cam cams
« on: Monday,July 30, 2018, 11:35:13 PM »
Hi,

I have a set of twin can cams for sale which came with my car when I purchased it. I have no need for them as my car is Renault powered.

I am not sure what they are worth so please make a fair offer. Whilst the cams are old I think that they have never been used as they show no signs of wear on the cam lobes, they do however have very slight surface rust which will need cleaning up prior to use.

The marking on the cam is 203L

Cheers,

Willa.
54 - 1143
65 - 7003080150R

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: FS - Twin Cam cams
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,July 31, 2018, 12:55:54 AM »
Hi Willa,

It's difficult to tell from the angle of the photograph, but are those cams both the same length ?   If so they are most likely from the Elan/Ford TC engine rather than the Europa - the Europa inlet cam has an extra bit on the end to drive the alternator pulley.  The exhaust side cam is the same on both the Elan & Europa.  They look to have a single groove which makes them S/E cams like the ones in my TC (non-big valve) Europa.

As a guide the Europa inlet cams aren't as common as the Elan ones,  I paid £125 for a s/h inlet cam last year and considered I'd done very well.  Even Elan cams are going to be somewhere around £100 or more depending on condition & profile.

New ones are available for both Elan & Europa but much more expensive, £230+vat each from QED in the UK for example.

Brian

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
Re: FS - Twin Cam cams
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,July 31, 2018, 09:07:41 AM »
Coming from Australia, you might appreciate that they are worth a bit more than a pair of jousting sticks, depending of course on the condition

But they certainly don't look like the ones from a Europa. The inlet cam sticks out of the end of the cam cover, and then has about 12mm more for the pulley to fit on, with a bolt screwing into the threaded end.