Lotus Europa Forums > Vendors Storefront

It's a crapshoot...Vendor issues

<< < (4/5) > >>

BDA:
Certified, you may already know but if you're not sure, Richard doesn't do email - only phone. I can understand your not being able to deal with him given that restriction but Richard probably knows more about Europas than anybody else on the planet. He is a very friendly and very helpful helpful resource. I also agree with your comments about Ray and Ken. They have both been very helpful to me. We're lucky to have them.

Certified Lotus:
Thanks BDA. Yes I found out that Richard doesn't email after I sent him several and got no response. When I posted the question on this site was informed I need to call. Which I did twice and still never spoke with him. I do hear he is "the man"  in Europa world, but I just don't have the time to work around his availability. It's my issue, not his. Hopefully one day I will get to chat with him.

In the mean time, I've gotten all my parts from others without delay. Especially from Ray at RD and all via email (which I can send from 30,000 ft in the air).

BDA:

--- Quote ---In the mean time, I've gotten all my parts from others without delay. Especially from Ray at RD and all via email (which I can send from 30,000 ft in the air).
--- End quote ---

Now that's handy!

SwiftDB4:
Without Banks and Ray we would be in real trouble. I don't consider their prices unreasonable and they're both good about returning parts like windscreen gaskets that didn't work for my S1. I do see a need for recast rear hub carriers if someone could do a group buy.

Grumblebuns:
The thought to keep in mind is that the US venders have to supply parts for all of the other vintage Lotus models, not just the Europas. I have to wonder in amazement at the amount of inventory that they have to carry at one time and the knowledge that Ray at RDE, Ken &Tom at DBE and Jay at JAE have to know what parts fit for all of the different models.

I'm finding out first hand that reproducing parts for a small run is not cheap. If you're choking at the thought of paying $69 for the head light knob, try having them reproduced yourself. What I'm trying to get to is that these guys are doing all of the legwork getting parts reproduced for our benefit. I don't mind paying the price for their ROI.

By the way, I noticed that Ray has a set of reproduction coolant pipes for both the S2 and TC on his website for what I consider a reasonable price. Now that is what I call service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version